The pupil premium gives schools extra funding to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils from reception to year 11. In the 2019/20 financial year the total premium allocation is £233,640. 58% of the students are eligible for pupil premium funding.
In the 2019/20 financial year, pupil premium funding is:
– £1,320 per pupil of primary school age
– £1,900 per pupil for looked after children who: Have been looked after for 1 day or more; are adopted; leave care under a Special Guardianship Order or a Residence Order
School accountability for the pupil premium
The pupil premium is paid to schools as they are best placed to assess what additional provision their pupils need.
Ofsted inspections report on how schools’ use of the funding affects the attainment of their disadvantaged pupils.
We also hold schools to account through performance tables, which include data on:
– The attainment of the pupils who attract the funding
– The progress made by these pupils
– The gap in attainment between disadvantaged pupils and their peers